The importance of an institution is gauged through its educational system, its standards, aims and objectives and their inter-relation. These are the significant aspects of Al Kauthar's educational system, which are divided into four phases.
- General phase 3 years
- Specialized phase 4 years
- Pre doctoral phase 2 years
- Doctoral phase 3-6 years
This would be the beginning of Al Kauthar's educational system, which would be of three years duration. This phase would cover fundamentals of fiqh and a comprehensive introduction of different other fields of education. This phase would cover besides the subjects of science and computers, the learning of English and Arabic. The pre-requisite for admission to this phase is that a student must have successfully completed at least three years of basic religious education in a recognized religious institution. click here
This phase would be of four years duration in which higher level learning of fiqh would be imparted, besides the students would be introduced to the selected parts of the specialized fields.
This would be of two years duration divided into two phases of one year each. In the 1st year some subjects of the relevant faculty and fundamentals of research methodology would be taught. In the 2nd year, the students would be required to write a research thesis of 50,000 words. A student would be given one-year (maximum) extension for the completion of thesis on the recommendation of his supervisor, by the research board. This phase is important, as the students would be trained and tested for higher research studies leading to Ph.D./Ijtihad [Mutajazzi]. For admission to this phase require two years of teaching experience in a recognized religious educational institution.
Doctoral/Ijtihad [Mutajazzi] Phase:
It would be the earnest endeavor to create facilities of higher research and teaching for the students, and every effort would be made to facilitate/provide opportunities to the students who want to excel in one of the fields of specialization as scholars.
Only those students would be entertained who have at least three years of teaching experience in a recognized religious educational institution and have proven themselves in research and writings.
The duration of this phase would be 3-6 years. The student would be required to write a dissertation of 80,000-100,000 words and give two public seminars on his field of research. The Ph.D. degree would be awarded to the student once his research has been approved by two out of three research advisors/professors and he successfully defends his research findings through viva-voice by a research board.
The Al Kauthar educational system would be guided by Christian calendar. Friday would be weekly holiday, besides summer vacations, winter and Muharram. Following would be the distinct features: -
- The institution would be run on semester system.
- Every semester would be of 115 days.
- There would be six classes of 42 credit hours, in each semester.
Examination and Grading:
- Every subject is compulsory; therefore the students would be required to pass it.
- 50% marks would be allocated for tests/assignments/quiz during the semester and for 50% marks would be a written examination at the end of every semester.
- The grading would be in the following manner:
60% - 69% C Grade
70% - 79% B Grade
80% - 89% A Grade
90% - 100% A+ Grade
Student obtaining less than 60% marks would be considered fail.
- A student failed in one subject can repeat it for once only.
- A student failed in two subjects would be discharged from the institution.
- Any student, who does not appear in the exams, without proper permission, would be marked zero and his case would be referred to the disciplinary committee.
- A student can take a repeat exam, provided he has been granted permission, due to genuine reasons, by the competent authority.
- It is obligatory to every student has the religious obligation that he should abide the Islamic, social and moral values at the Al Kauthar.
- A student is not allowed to interact with any employee of the Al Kauthar Islamic University. He should contact the concerned Incharge for any problem faced.
- Every student has to follow rules and regulations prescribed by the management of the Al Kauthar Islamic University.
- Every student would wear uniform within the University premises.
- No student would be allowed to change the room once allotted. However, Incharge/warden can change the room keeping in view the administration/lodging problem.
- Every student is required to keep his room and belonging neat and clean.
- It is the responsibilities of everyone to safeguard the University assets; therefore nobody is allowed to use anything without prior permission.
- Guests are not allowed in the hostels.
- Important guests, with prior approval, can be met only in specified room.
- Nobody is allowed meetings and telephone calls during the classes.
- Teachers would call the roll at the start of every class.
- Any student coming and going out of the class would be treated as absent.
- A student entering into the class ten minutes late would be considered absent, and three continuous less than ten minutes entries into the class would be counted as one attendance.
- A fine of Rs. 40/- would be charged for one absent.
- A student has to take prior permission from the Incharge for not coming to the class or leave. In case of an emergency, the incharge should be informed at the first availability. However, the incharge alone would determine an emergency situation.
- A student making eight absent classes in one mouth or ten absent classes in two months would be warned first orally and then in writing. Third time his case would be referred to the disciplinary committee and the decision would be made according to the rules and regulation.
- The relevant Incharge would determine any genuine excuse.
Keeping in view the religious/national days a list of different vacations/holidays is given below, which are 133 days in total. This schedule is only applicable to the teaching staff and students. For other employees of the Al Kauthar a different schedule for holidays is applied.
||1st to 12th of Muharrum
||28th Safar Shahadat of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
||7th Rabi-ul-Awwal Birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
||3rd Jamdi-ul-Thani Shahadat of Hazrat Fatima (S.A.)
||13th Rajab Birth anniversary of Hazart Ali (A.S.)
||15th Shaban Birth anniversary of Hazrat Mahdi (A.S.)
||19th Ramdan to 3rd Shawal Shahadat of Hazrat Ali (A.S.) and Eid Holidays
||10th Zil-hajja Eid Qurban
||18th Zil-hajja Eid Ghadeer
||15th June to 31st July Summer holidays
||Semester Break (after every semester)